How ‘hot’ is Sustainable Communities SA?
Late last year we checked in and asked what people thought about our community organisation and invited ideas for the future, through our Taking the Temperature stakeholder research project.
People told us their views during a Catch Up meeting and through a survey – a big thank you to everyone who took part!
Results are now in, and there are no surprises when it comes to what we value about Sustainable Communities SA and the things we do well together.
Our strengths are:
- Fostering a community spirit and being inclusive of others
- Offering positivity, hopefulness and practical solutions
- Sharing our knowledge and learning from others
- Living lightly on the planet.
We received some great ideas for future activities, and many of the people who shared their ideas also indicated interest in either coordinating or being involved with developing their project – again: thank you!
Watch this space for details about those ideas and how you might like to get involved.
Some other things you might expect to see us doing in the future:
- Exploring how we can get more people to contribute to the development of the organisation – who wants to join the committee!?
- Investigating how we can strengthen partnerships with other organisations such as local councils.
- Refreshing the style of our brand to reflect the things people value.
These are just some of the findings and recommendations included in the Taking the Temperature report. For more information please take a look at the full report.