The Climate Council has launched a report, Fully Charged: Renewables and storage powering Australia, that shows that energy storage solutions, like batteries and solar thermal, are rapidly decreasing in cost.
For the average Australian, the cost of adding solar and batteries to your home has never been lower, with further reductions in cost likely over the next few years.
Five fast facts on renewables and storage in Australia
- Plummeting costs are opening up access to renewable energy technologies
- Australians are jumping on board
- These technologies create new jobs
- They’re an essential weapon in the battle against climate change
- A diverse mix of energy solutions means a more
- resilient network
Renewable and storage technologies, in their many forms, are efficient, reliable, flexible, and increasingly cost effective. What we need are credible Federal Government policies that support their uptake.
Our reliable renewable energy future is within reach.