Take the Local Harvest Challenge Sunday 1 April – Saturday 7 April 2012
Support local growers & reclaim your food choices. One week, get involved!
The Local Harvest Challenge is aimed at engaging people across Australia in eating local foods and learning more about where our food comes from. Put into practice the art of eating locally, supporting local and organic farmers and businesses, and discovering the face behind your food.
- Versatile, fun and FREE!
- Choose your challenge – Bite-Sized, Meal-Sized or Feast-Sized
- Form a team with your friends or neighbours
- Link up with other people taking the challenge in you locality
- Organise a ‘local pot-luck’ dinner to celebrate the week
- Blog your discoveries and experiences
Use the Local Harvest website to find resources close to you. Enter your postcode to find farmers’ markets, farm-gate produce, local food swaps, community gardens, organic retailers and more.
Sign up for the Local Harvest Challenge -find good food close to you!