Adelaide Sustainability Centre
Easy reading tips and tricks for living more sustainably, covering recycling, transport, food, nature play, pet and pest management, water and garden.
Natural Resources Adelaide and Mount Lofty Ranges
Find out how to make your backyard a wildlife wonderland, attracting birds, lizards or butterflies. Learn about building a raingarden, native plants, native animals, and pests.
Water Sensitive SA
Discover ‘water sensitive urban design’, a modern way to manage water that combines nature with engineering, to protect our waterways and oceans while keeping more water in our urban areas. Choose the right sized rainwater tank, reduce hard surfaces around your home, install a raingarden, and get ideas if you’re building.
Papers have been prepared for the use by community groups on the major topics we have focussed on. They include background information and additional details about programs that provide assistance through local, state and federal governments and other agencies.
Additional fact sheets related to these topics are included below.
- Economy Working Group Report 2011 – providing a framework for Community Groups to discuss ecologically and socially responsible alternatives to economic growth
- Alternative Economy Groups
- Water resources paper
- Bottled water
- Grey water
- Natural Cleaners
- Wicking box self-watering garden – how to make
- Calculate your personal ecological footprint
- Ecological Footprint Resources Paper
- Eco footprint action booklet 2010 – a guide to achievable actions that you can use to map your progress