The August Quarterly Reports from SCSA Community groups showcase the diverse ways in which members are tackling issues around sustainability. Some activities that the groups are involved in:
- The College Park-Hackney Group and Unley Central Group are working on a What you can & can’t recycle brochure that goes beyond the council provided guides. If you have information on recycling from other council areas please send it to Anne Wharton.
- Adelaide Peak Oil Community Network is working on having more food trees planted within the city eg along streets, designated areas.
- The Strathalbyn Group is planning to have a food swap at their local Farmer’s Market.
- The McLaren Vale group is helping to organise the Willunga Environment and Sustainability Exp (8-9 October) including running two stalls and making a video about several primary school kitchen gardens in the area.
- The Mount Barker Community Action for Sustainability Group hosted a series of talks on sustainability at their local library for Environment month.
- The Felixstow group got together to make solar cookers and are planning a summer solar cooker picnic in Linear Park. Contact Monica O’Wheel, if you would like a copy of Ashley’s Solar Cooker pattern.
Stay tuned for more news from SCSA community groups in the coming months.