Around 20 members of Sustainable Communities met at the Box Factory on Monday 30 September to share stories with each other about the activities and successes of our Community Groups and to discuss ideas for the future of our organisation.
We heard some great examples of recent achievements including:
- a event to meet neighbours on Neighbour Day and visit to the Bolivar water treatment plant – Klemzig Group
- gardening kits distributed to low income residents and verge planting – Unley Group
- Mitcham Sustainability Fair and follow-up workshops – 3 Mitcham Groups
- One Planet Market’s ongoing success – Royston Park-Marden group
- free indigenous plants available at every market, involvement in local development plans – College Park Hackney Group
- Networking with other groups in the southern area – McLaren Vale Group
Priorities for the future include:
- holding 2 member events each year for informal face-to-face sharing about activities and ideas
- greater use of blog and newsletter to share information
- providing advance notice of our events and workshops
A more detailed report will be emailed to members.