One Planet Market is a local market held from 9am – 12 noon on the 3rd Saturday of each month at Payneham Community Centre, 374 Payneham Road, Payneham 5070.
We welcome people to come and sell, buy or exchange garden produce, home made food and second hand goods. The market features:
- Local produce
- Payneham Repair Cafe
- Urban Orchard – swap and share
- Morning tea
- LETS (Local Exchange Trading System) members stalls
- Information table – join Sustainable Communities, renew your membership, information and resources on sustainability events and activities
- Free workshops on practical topics at 10.30am – see program below!
The aims of the market are:
- To encourage local production and local economy
- To foster community relationships, resilience and self-reliance.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
|19 Jan 2019||Trevor Greenfield||Honey flow bee hives|
|16 Feb 2019||John Boland||The Maths and Science of Sustainable Housing|
|16 March 2019||Megan Bekesi||Recycling update from East Waste|
|18 May 2019||Mellissa Bradley||Water sensitive urban design in your backyard|
|15 June 2019||Alan Halstead||Winter pruning of fruit and nut trees|
|20 July 2019||Yarrow or Deb||Extinction Rebellion|
|17 Aug 2019||Red Cross, Community Conversations, Rocio, Vera, Andrea||Welcoming refugees into our communities|
|21 Sept 2019||Matt Salomon, PhD student, University of Adelaide||Healthy soils and how we can build them|
|19 Oct 2019||tbc||Garden pests – possums, cabbage moths|
|16 Nov 2019||Gerry Butler, Butterfly Conservation SA||Where have all the butterflies gone?|
|14 Dec 2019||tbc|